Vertical Single Drum Tongs
Vertical Single Drum Tongs offer a safe and effective movement of drums from hooks/cranes/jibs. To use: When the drum is hanging in its suspended position its upper chimb (lip) is gripped by all four pads.
When lowered to the ground, the tongs are lowered slightly which opens the pads. The latching lever is then flipped over after the drum was lifted, the above action then becomes unnecessary and automatic release is achievable. In order to lift a drum, the tongs are lowered over a drum with the pads in the locked open position. When the tongs come to rest on the drum, the latching lever is disengaged manually.
• As lifting commences the pads will automatically close under the chimb of the drum.
• Drum Tongs are used for picking up 210 litre drums of the tight head or open topped steel varieties.
• The tongs can be fitted under a fork mounted hook, fork or carriage mounted jib, or under an overhead or lorry mounted crane.
• All drum handlers come complete with certificate of conformity, and a 12-month warranty.
• All our attachments are CE marked and adhere to stringent health and safety legislation.
To use the shipping estimator please select the * Required Fields (if applicable) shown on product above, then enter the quantity required (below) to obtain a carriage estimate.
Please call us for delivery to postcodes in Wales, Scotland, Highlands and Islands.